**Make sure you bring your passport**
When planning a fishing trip to Northern Canada, it is important to remember that good, quality equipment is vital. Good rain gear, proper clothing, quality reels and good planning can ensure that your week with us will be enjoyable. See our Fishing Page for detailed tackle for Pike, Walleye, Grayling and Lake Trout.
General Fishing Equipment
- Hook Out – Hook Remover
- Jaw Spreaders
- Pliers (for pinching barbs)
- Fillet Knives & Sharpening Stone
- Measuring Tape
- Rubber Boots
- Good Rain Suit
- Polarized Sun Glasses
- Fishing Cap
- A 7-7 1/2 foot medium heavy bait casting rod with a quality bait casting reel.17 to 20 lb. monofilament or 30 lb. Fireline line.12 – 18 inch steel or titanium leaders.
- Medium and large Daredevils, Len Thompson Spoons, Doctor Spoons,Johnson Silver Minnows and Red Eyes
- Mann’s Super stretch Minus 1
- Odyssey’s Pig Jr. and Jointed Pig Jr.
- Large Jointed Rapalas
- Blue Fox Vibrax & Mepps Spinners and Northland Bucktail Spinners
- Mosquito RepellentSunscreenFirst Aid Kit
- Clothing for Warm and Cold Weather Conditions
- Personal Medication and Toiletries
- Camera and Film
- Cards and Games
- Light Sleeping Bag/pillow
- 6 to 6 1/2 ft. spin casting rodGood open face spin casting reel4 lb. to 10 lb. monofilament or Fireline
- Rattlin Raps by Rapala
- Suspending Husky Jerks by Rapala
- Shad Raps by Rapala
- Thundersticks Shallowstick and Suspending Shallowsticks
- Wally Divers
- Jigs and Berkley Powerbait, Mister Twister tails
If fishing at Mahekun Lake Lodge, we have tackle that you will need to be successful!